Why are sound wave attacks met with silence from US officials?
Recent reports have revealed that debilitating sonic rate attacks against U.S. government personnel were not confined to foreign locations – they also occurred here in the United States, including twice in Washington against the officials of the National Security Council.
Recent reports also indicates that attacks on US diplomats abroad began earlier and occurred in more places than previously known. The men and women with excruciating symptoms – not to mention their families – who have dedicated their lives to government service deserve answers.
Reports last week raised concerns that our government knows more than it has suggested about the duration of these radio frequency attacks.
But so far our government’s public response to these sound wave attacks has been little more than a sound of silence.
Until recently, we only knew about the mysterious directed energy attacks started in 2016 in Havana and posted American personnel assigned to Cuba and China. But reporting last week raised concerns that our government knows more than it hinted at about how long these radio frequency attacks lasted, how many Americans were affected, and in how many places.
According to a New York Times report, suspected attacks have occurred as recently as this month and some have resulted in debilitating injuries. In a report published in December, the National Academy of Sciences said a microwave weapon likely caused the injuries. Some officials believe that a microwave or directed energy device is the most likely cause.
Perhaps most alarming is the revelation that “at least two episodes involving White House personnel, one in 2020 who assigned a National Security Council official near the Ellipse south of the White House and another in 2019 involving a woman walking her dog in northern Virginia. “The news brings the specter of contradictory foreign actions just yards from the White House.
We also learned that more staff than previously disclosed had reported symptoms of attacks. As the Times reported, the government initially claimed that 60 U.S. employees and their dependents were among those attacked. But now, thanks to journalistic efforts, we know that as many as 130 Americans – including the 2-year-old child of a military officer posted overseas – have experienced symptoms.
The new figures reflect the addition of cases from Europe and Asia that had not yet been released to the public. CIA officers assigned to overseas posts are among those required to be treated at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and other facilities. CIA employees appear to have been hit hardest by the attacks, but officials from the State Department, Defense Department and other agencies are among the targets, according to the Times.
A May 6 article in The Washington Examiner exposes what may be the strongest case to date that these attacks may have started long before 2016 and that the the most likely suspect is Russia. This article details accounts of retired National Security Agency officer Mike Beck and his colleague Charles Gubete, allegedly the target of Russian radio frequency attacks while traveling to a “hostile country” in 1996. Beck and Gubete “both suffered from an early start. Parkinson’s disease. Gubete died in 2013. ”
There does not appear to be a centralized interagency working group that shares information and responses with a senior executive.
According to the examiner, Kemp Ensor, who was then NSA’s director of counterintelligence, told other NSA officials in 2016 of evidence that Beck and Gubete had been targeted with a microwave weapon.
The CIA, the Pentagon, and the State Department all have teams assessing the scope of these attacks and who is behind them. Yet there does not appear to be a centralized task force across agencies that shares intelligence and responses with a senior executive. As described in the New York Times report, “The Biden administration is trying to strike the right balance between showing officials that they take the issue seriously and trying to prevent panic from spreading, whether within the government. government or among the public. The National Security Council has started an intelligence review, aimed at finding out if other unreported incidents fit the pattern, a spokeswoman said.
On April 29, President Joe Biden’s new director of national intelligence, Avril Haines, briefed Congress on the attacks. But as CNBC reported, she was “light on the details”.
It is high time for the Director of National Intelligence to take the lead and set up a multi-agency task force under her command to identify the full scope of targeted microwave attacks against U.S. personnel and develop evidence. against the responsible nation. Once this is accomplished, the people and the government who launched these cowardly attacks must be held accountable. Our sick officials deserve to hear the noise of their own government supporting them.