DOGS READY TO TAKE BACK TAMPA WITH AKC MEET THE BREEDS®
NEW YORK, February 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Tickets are on sale NOW for Tampa first AKC Meet the Breeds®when arriving at Tampa Congress Palace Saturday April 23rd and sunday april 24and2022. The American Kennel Club® (AKC) and GF Sports & Entertainment are hosting this two-day educational event to Tampa to give attendees the unique opportunity to meet and play with many different dog breeds while learning about responsible pet ownership and finding the best breed(s) for their lifestyle directly from the experts. From Affenpinschers to Yorkshire Terriers, this canine extravaganza is fun for the whole family. Participants can:
- Meet and Play with over 100 different dog breeds in stalls that describe each breed’s country of origin, historical purpose/function
- To discover new breeds and talk to breed experts to determine which dog will suit their lifestyle
- To learn about responsible pet ownership
- See fun and entertaining demonstrations of dog sports and working dogs showing off their skills
- To hire in unique activities such as testing your own agility skills in our interactive fun zone. Participants can also take part in games and photo ops with the whole family.
The event is open to the general public and is perfect for the whole family. Admission is $20 for children and $30 for adults. Upgraded VIP entry is also available. Tickets are on sale now through the tour’s exclusive ticket provider, SeatGeek®.
“We are delighted to organize this event florida west coast,” said the AKC executive secretary Gina DiNardo. “With the city of Tampa Being extremely dog-friendly, we are thrilled to introduce such a vibrant city to this unique event where they can see their favorite breeds and learn about new ones. Tampa was made for an event like this.”
Not only will you be able to meet and play with many different breeds of dogs, but there will also be exciting demonstrations that showcase the dogs’ athleticism and work ethic, including:
- Agility – Watch these super talented dogs navigate an obstacle course of jumps, weaves and tunnels courtesy of the Dog Training Club of Tampa.
- Obedience – Experience the precision work of competitive obedience dogs as they heel, retrieve and demonstrate how dogs can progress from basic to next-level skills presented by the Dog Training Club of Tampa.
- lap dog – Move, sit and stay! These dogs’ routines are sure to impress the whole family, courtesy of the Dog Training Club of Tampa.
- disc dog – Enjoy this fun, fast-paced sport that takes fetch play to a whole new level, brought to you by the Central Florida Disc Dogs
- Rally – Experience this thrilling sport that’s both skill and thrill as dogs and their owners navigate a course of obedience tasks courtesy of the Dog Training Club of Tampa.
- K9 Search and Rescue – Don’t miss this demonstration of search and rescue dogs doing what they do best thanks to the sarasota K9 search and rescue team.
This event will take place with applicable COVID-19 protocols in place.
For images from our previous Meet The Breeds event held at San Diego, CaliforniaClick here.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit our website here.
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a nonprofit organization that maintains the world’s largest purebred dog registry and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in United States. The AKC is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs, and breeding for type and function. With its more than 5,000 chartered and member clubs and affiliated organizations, the AKC champions the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and welfare, strives to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred and mixed breed dogs are held each year under AKC rules and regulations, including conformation, agility, obedience, rallying, tracking , herding, lure racing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and land dog tests. Organizations affiliated with the AKC include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite, and AKC Museum of the Dog. AKC clubs comprise America’s largest lifesaving network. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all related marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks, and service marks of American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
About GF Sports & Entertainment
GF Sports & Entertainment is a global events and operations company that enhances the experience of live sports, entertainment and interactive events. The company owns two of the oldest American tennis tournaments on the ATP Tour, the Dallas Open and the Truist Atlanta Open, as well as the National Lacrosse League New York Riptide. In partnership with the American Kennel Club (AKC), the premier registry and governing body for canine events in United States, they operate the AKC Meet the Breeds® touring show. GF Sports & Entertainment also incubates new and emerging sports concepts, including Wolf Pack Ninjas, which organizes ninja-focused events around the world.
GF Sports & Entertainment was founded in July 2015 through New Yorkprivate equity firm based at GF Capital. For more information, please visit www.gfsportsandentertainment.com
SOURCE American Kennel Club